Thursday 23 April 2009

Surfing plans and the coconut theory

yesterday i spent the day in my counsellors shop, barbeques galore. i helped and then in the evening i went to johns house to eat dinner at his house and then sleep there. it was his birthday so i got him some lindt chocolate. then today i went home around lunch time and went body boarding with my friends jack and brad. when i came home there was a builder at our place fixing up the veranda. the guy that was there came up to me and we had a little chat. he told me that twenty years ago he had been a pro surfer and number 3 in the world. he then also told me that he will drop a board at our house so that i could start off easily on my own. thats very good news! its a big and heavy board so its optimal to start surfing and is also the type that he learned how to surf. and i mean hey he made it very far so it cant be bad to start on a board like he did.
also i went to a surf shop called xsight because i have a voucher for a surf lesson but i just wanted to check out when it would be the best to do it. right now the surf is still rather big so i gave them my name and my mobile number. now the surf instructor will call me when he thinks it makes sense to go for a surf....

it is very good that i'm FINALLY getting into the surfing. last few days i've been getting pretty desperate to start something new which would most likely be surfing. i'm not saying that my holidays are boring not at all but i just needed a new challenge that i can go for during a normal day when i dont have any special program. like this i have something to work on. a goal that i can set myself and that i had set myself a long time ago. and now it is finally getting started.

Now you still wonder what the coconut theory is about aye?
Well this should be a bit of a relief to some of you:
Whilst about 15 people get killed by shark attacks every year 150 get killed by falling coconuts. THERE YOU GO! but you dont have to get all scared about me getting hit by coconuts now ;-) there's only few here!

2 comments:

  1. LOL...well done, your coconut theory.... very very relaxing news... :-).
    and good for you to meet the right people... obviously, there are many of great people there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dicitonnary...and georges reaction: this is slang? this is normal... ;-)

    ReplyDelete